Give the gift of audiobooks this season with a prepaid gift subscription
Can One Live a life in which there is no Comparison at all: Four Public Talks Santa Monica USA 1971
Add to Cart - $4.99
Remove from Cart
Give as a gift
6 hours 19 minutes
1. Attention implies the total abandonment of the ‘me’ - 6 March 1971
Duration: 100 minutes
• Can the mind undergo a radical revolution?
• How do you observe the world?
• What solves our human problem is observing the whole process of ourselves
without judging, condemning, translating or rejecting – just to observe.
Question topics following the talk include: being disturbed in order to know,
being confused, transcendental meditation
2. Violence, pleasure and fear - 7 March 1971
Duration: 89 minutes
• We have accepted violence as a way of life and yet at the same time we want
• Can one live a life in which there is no comparison at all?
• Pleasure is the continuance of an experience that is never finished.
• We are living in the past.
• How can the conscious mind investigate the total hidden mind?
3. Is pleasure love? - 13 March 1971
Duration: 96 minutes
• Can thought ever solve the whole problem of existence?
• What is the function of thought?
• Why has sex become so extraordinarily important?
• Chastity is the freedom from all image.
• Is love desire?
• A new thing can take place only when there is an ending of the old.
Question topics following the talk include: getting better, controlling thought,
the process of invention, vegetarianism, images.
4. Meditation means a life that is totally different every minute of the day -
14 March 1971
Duration: 94 minutes
• A mind that inquires into this whole question of meditation must have
• When you observe ‘what is’ without the interference of the past, there is
complete change of ‘what is’.
• Is there a way of seeing the whole content of consciousness without analysis?
• When you give complete attention there is no centre from which you attend.
• The word ‘innocence’ means a mind that is never hurt, scarred.
• Meditation is the sense of complete silence and quietness of the mind.
Question topics following the talk include: gurus, meditation, effort, escaping
from ‘what is’
1 book added to cart
Can One Live a life in which ther...
© Copyright 2011 - 2023 Storytel Audiobooks USA LLC. All Rights Reserved.