We Are the Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life
Publisher: New World Library
Date: January 2020
Duration: 7 hours 0 minutes
- By one of the pioneers and leading lights of the “recovering out loud” movement, which seeks to banish the secrecy and shame around addiction and recovery.
- The author has discussed motherhood and drinking on NBC’s TODAY and her writing has been published in Elephant Journal, Scary Mommy, Rebelle Society, the Huffington Post, and the New York Post
- “We Are The Luckiest” started as an Instagram post the author did early in her sobriety. The hashtag has now been used over 20,000 times as a way of coming out as sober, celebrating sobriety, being proud.
- The author has a highly engaged platform of almost 100,000 followers (Instagram, Facebook, and her website); her personal blog receives 50,000 unique visits per month; and her website has received more than a million unique visits since 2015
- Insights apply to anyone dealing with loss and change, whether death or divorce, illness or eating disorder, drink or drugs